We love our family events here at Newlands and regularly invite parents in to join us with our lessons. Feedback on these are always positive and parents have requested to come in to more of our lessons to join their children in class.
Here's some of the family events we have held over the past two years:
- Joining in with our lessons - Close Reading, Maths, ICT
- Mother's and Father's day lunches and songs by children
- Grandparents' Mornings
- Coffee Morning, Afternoons
- Themed weeks - Diversity week, Science week
- Fiver challenge stores
- The Prince William Award activities - Parents joined in with the team building, games and lessons.
- Sports Day
- Concerts - YV and end of year productions
- PTA events - Summer/ Christmas Fayres, Arts and Craft mornings.
- Online safety assemblies
- Anti-bullying assemblies
- Topic days (wow events) - Parents are invited in for - afternoon teas, dances etc.
- Celebration of Learning - Parents look through work books and children get to speak about their learning.
- Race for life and sports challenge events
- Parent and child lunch (Y3)