School Games Mark Award
In 2018-2019 we achieved the Silver School Games Award. In order to achieve this we had to prioritise PE throughout the school in a variety of ways:
* we had to commit to providing 2 hours of PE, school sport and physical activity per week, which we achieved during curriculum lessons and lunchtime activities. * engage at least 35% of pupils in extracurricular sporting and physical activities, which we did through our extensive ‘active’ after school clubs
* provide targeted provision for the least active people in our school and encourage at least 10% of these people to take up some physical activity, which we did through the running of a ‘Change4Life’ after school club and involvement in external events (Inspire Multi-skills tournament at West Notts College and a Festival at Sherwood Pines.
* provide the children with 1 opportunity for personal challenge, which we did with our skip2bfit initiative
* organise 6 intra-school sports competitions, which included class v class competitions, a ‘whole school’ Potted Sports event and a School Sports Day
* involve ourselves in 4 inter school sports events competing against other schools ie Cross Country Event, Sportshall Athletic Competitions for Year ¾ and Year 5/6, Inspire Multi-Skills Competitions and The ChangeLife Festival at Sherwood Pines
*promote the School Sporting Activities to parents and the community, which we did via our newsletters and our PE display board in the hall.
* engage 10% of students in leading and officiating sporting activities in school, which we did via the use of our ‘Sports Crew’ and ‘Year 6 Sports Leaders’
* use sports coaches to support school sport, which we did in dance, squash, basketball, handball, tennis and hockey
* develop active links with sporting activities in the local community, which we did through our links with Mansfield Rugby Club and Mansfield Lawn Tennis Club
In 2019 -2020 we continued to do all the above but we were going for GOLD so we had to develop ourselves even further.
* provide 2hrs of timetabled PE alone
* engage 50% of our children in extra curricular activities
* Identify 15% of our least active children and endeavour to engage them in physical activity
* provide 2 areas of personal challenge, which we were doing with Skip2bfit and The Daily Mile * run 8 intra school competitions
* enter 6 inter school external competitions
*engage 15% of pupils in leadership roles
* utilise sports coaches
* keep parents and the community informed and involved
* further develop links with sporting clubs in the community
WE were on track with all of these but due to School Closure, the award has been paused for this year. This means that we will retain our Silver Status for 2019-2020 and hopefully strive for GOLD in 2020-2021.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: