Please be aware of the following services should you need any help or advice:
- Parentline 07520 619919 – Healthy Family Teams confidential texting service to provide parents and carers advice around feeding, child development, parenting advice and support, emotional health and wellbeing, behaviour difficulties and family health.
- Chat Health 07507 329952 - this is a confidential texting service for 11 to 19 year olds in Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
- ChildLine 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
- Kooth - www.kooth.com - this is an online counselling service.
- Health4teens - www.healthforteens.co.uk - this is an NHS site supporting young people around emotional wellbeing.
- Health4kids – www.healthforkids.co.uk – this is an NHS site supporting young children and parents.
- Notts Help Yourself – www.nottshelpyourself.org.uk – this is a site for advice, information and local services available.
- CAMHS crisis team - Tel 01158542299 or 01158440560 or email CAMHSCrisisTeam@nottshc.nhs.uk
- Young Minds – www.youngmids.org.uk
Each Amazing Breath helps students, staff, parents, and schools build resilience, to meet needs, and to thrive in their own lives. We foster embodied capacity with family, self, work, and community.
At Newlands we are going to begin the ambassador training when back at school, so it will be led by children who have already applied for their ambassador role stating why they wanted to become an ambassador and how each amazing breath has helped them, how and when they use it and how it makes them feel.
Until now, it has been led by teachers and enjoyed twice a day by staff and students after play times and lunch times to prepare themselves for their learning however children may choose to take 5 and practice each amazing breath at times when they feel they need it throughout the day. Some of our children also use their favourite breathing practices at home :)
The each amazing breath team are currently trying to secure funding so they can create links to practices that they are leading. Thus, children and families can continue to use take five.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: