Why we use your information
Why we use personal information
We may need to use some information about you to:
- deliver services and support to you;
- manage those services;
- train and manage the employment of our workers who deliver those services;
- help investigate any worries or complaints you have about your services;
- keep track of spending on services;
- check the quality of services; and
- to help with research and planning of new services.
What are our legal reasons for processing personal information?
There are a number of legal reasons why we need to collect and use personal data. Each privacy notice from the main menu explains for each service which legal reason is being used. Generally we collect and use personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where you, or your legal representative, have given consent
- Where you have entered into a contract with us
- Where it is necessary to perform our statutory duties
- Where it is necessary to protect someone in an emergency
- Where it is required by law
- Where it is necessary for employment purposes
- Where you have made your data publicly available
- Where it is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
- Where it is in the substantial public interest
- Where it is necessary to protect public health
- Where it is necessary for archiving public interest material, research, or statistical purposes
Where we are using your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact Newlands Junior School at email@example.com so that your request can be dealt with.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is often records that can identify and relate to a living person. This can also include information that when put together with other information can then identify a person.
What are Special Categories of Information?
This is personal information that needs more protection due to its sensitivity. This information is likely to include:
- sexuality and sexual health
- religious or philosophical beliefs
- physical or mental health
- trade union membership
- political opinion
- genetic/biometric data
How we limit the use of personal information
Where necessary Newlands Junior School processes personal data to deliver our services effectively; but wherever possible, the data that we process will be anonymised, pseudonymised or de-personalised. This means the information can no longer identify a person.
When using personal data for research purposes, the data will be anonymised/pseudonymised to avoid the identification of a person, unless you have agreed that your personal information can be used for the research project.
We do not sell personal data to any other organisation for the purposes of selling products.